Founded in 1909 as “Cercle Athlétique Corpora Sana” and confirmed as a member of the Belgian F.A. on the 23rd of January 1910. In 1926 the club was renamed “Ixelles Sporting Club” and assigned matricule 42. In 1935 the club with the green-white town colours recieved the Royal status and they have been known as R. Ixelles SC ever since.
Royal Ixelles SC never made it past the 3rd national division and disappeared altogether from the National leagues in 1967. Their Belgian cup adventures are even less impressive: on October 13, 1912 Ixelles, back then still known as Corpora Sana, lost to Lierse SK in a preliminary round match. A second cup run one season later ended with a heavy 7-1 defeat by Fléron FC. Currently they reside in the Brabant Provincial Third Division
The municipal football stadium “Albert Demuyter” is part of a much larger outdoor and indoor sports complex. It was named after local politician Albert Demuyter (°31/03/1925 †07/09/2011) who served as the mayor of Ixelles for 20 years.
The most striking features of the stadium are the high fences around the pitch and the unusual roof above the stands. The pitch itself is astro turf. To celebrate the centennial Miss Belgium Zeynep Sever visited the club in 2009.