FCSaint-Josse,the currentoccupant ofthe StadeGeorgesPètremay onits websiteshow off thehistory ofRCSSaint-Josse,in realitythe clubhas only been in existence for a handful ofyears ands nothingmorethan the symbolicsuccessor to thepopularclubfromthe smallestBrussels commune.
Foundedin 1915asRoyalCercle Sportifde Saint-Josse it couldboast a dozenyears in thenationalclasses andone season inthe second divisionin 1933.The clubwasnotreally successful andit disappearedin 1935 of the national sceneto resurfaceagainin the 1950s for about 5yearsin the Third National Division, andafterthe Leaguereform, 4th Division.The nextnotablefactwould happen in1988 astheclubmerges withArsenalEvere to become Cercle Sportif ArsenalSaint-Josse.
In1998 the name is changed once againto CSSaint-Josseanda rise through the ranks begins.In2000the door to the National Divisions is bashed openbut once againthe joy is short-lived :not only is the club relegated at the end of the season but due to a merger withRoyalUccleForestoiseLéopoldFootball Club (itselfamerger ofthree Brusselsclubs) the matricule 83 disappearsof the FAlists.
The StadeG.Pètrehas twospecial features:the firsthas to do with thelocationasthe sports complex ofthecommuneSaint-Josseis not locatedin the denselypopulated municipalitySint-Joost-ten-Nodeitselfin the larger municipality of Evere.The secondpeculiarity isthebeautiful whiteall-seats covered stand.Groudhoppers who frequent Brussels usually knowthe concretetub ofthe Drie Linden,the ruinedStadiumstandsofthe Stade de Crossingorthe classifiedUnionstandbutthis little gemdeserves its place in that list.
Share the post "Stade Georges Pètre Stadion, Evere"