Club: FC Levadia Tallinn
Along with fellow Tallinn club FC Flora FC Levadia has dominated the Estonian club football scene for the past decade. Founded in 1999 as “Levadia Maardu” the club changed its name to the current name in 2004. In its young existence Levadia already grabbed the Estonian double on 5 occasions. Still, perhaps the most imaginative performance was qualifying for the first round of the UEFA Cup tournament in 2006. They beat FC Twente and had a decent showing against Newcastle United.
Its home games Levadia Tallinn plays in the Kadrioru Staadion. The multi-functional complex is a stone’s throw from the Estonian presidential palace. The design is by architect Karl Burman and it was built between 1924 and 1936. Since the last thorough renovation around the turn of the century the stadium has a capacity of about 5,000. Opposite the main stand a partly covered 6 rows high outdoor temporary stand was placed along the entire length of the playing field. This playing field is separated from the stands by a running track, suitable for international competitions. On the lateral sides the stadium has not been developed. Between 1991 and 2001 the Kadrioru Staadion was the permanent home to the Estonian national football team.